Search This Blog

Monday, February 11, 2013

About Me

I am a wife and mother of two boys.  I enjoy being outdoors with my family and friends.  I enjoy being in the kitchen and making all sorts of food.  I do not like having to do the dishes though, ug.

I worked in the medical field for over 8 years.  I worked primarily in the women's unit for the last 6 years.  I decided to leave that field when I had my second baby.  I then realized that I missed the interactions I got to have with the expectant parents and their family's.  I found information on becoming a Douola and instantly knew that that is where I belonged.  I have always been passionate about helping the laboring mom to have her voice, opinions and concerns heard.  I have striven to help them understand what is going on with their bodies when in labor, and any necessary medical actions that had to take place.  I know that no to women or labors are the same.  I believe in listening to the mother's body and following her lead and ques as to what works for her.  I will be her advocate to the medical teams, but I will not tell her what choice to make.  I will make sure she is educated about the choices she makes though.

I have attended several births in the space of two years as a douola.  My goal is to have the mothers have a good experience as they give birth to their baby, and dissolve their fears about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment