Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

On Call

As my clients are getting closer to their guess dates and excitement hits the bursting point.  I am on call for them 24/7 until the arrival of their baby.  Mammas aren't the only one getting ready for the big day.  I too am getting ready.  I put my kids sitter on call.  (She rocks! And is willing to take them at a moments notice for how ever long she needs to!  Couldn't do this with out her!)  I go through my doula bag and make sure I have restocked from my last birth.  I make sure that I have my snacks and energy drinks.  I make sure that my scrubs are clean and ready to go, and that my spare outfit is also ready.  I make sure that me birth ball has been re-inflated and is ready to go, with the pump put back in the bag.

I go through kind of a nesting phase as well.  I try to make sure my house stays clean, at least dishes and laundry done.  I don't want to leave them with out things to eat and clean clothes to wear.  I try to pick up the toys every chance I get, but my boys are right behind me getting them back out.  Oh well for that part.  My dear husband just laughs and reminds me to let him know when the time comes, so he knows where the boys are.  It is so much fun to be waiting for new life to come into this world.  And then to be able to help families be born!

No comments:

Post a Comment